To start installing Scorch for Mac,
, then click “Open” and double-click on “SibeliusScorch.pkg”. Once the install has completed, please completely quit (Cmd+Q) and re-open your web browser.
Printing digital sheet music
After purchasing the sheet music, it will appear in Your Orders
. Just click on the score that you'd like to print.Step 2
Click the "Print" button on the Scorch toolbar:Step 3
Click "OK" in the print dialogue that appears:
The sheet music should now be printed.Notes
- If you click on the print button and nothing happens, try pressing the "Refresh" or "Reload" button in your browser and then press the print button again when the page has reloaded. If this doesn't work, you may need to empty your internet cache and try again.
- If you are using Internet Explorer you may need to click the print button twice for it to work.
- Certain Kodak printers might not be able to print sheet music at all. This is due to the way the print jobs are sent to them by the computer. Please find an alternative printer to print your sheet music.
- Do not use any other method than the one described above, or the sheet music might not print out.
- Turn pages
- Changes which device you use for playback.
- Playback controls and tempo slider.* Click play button to play from the start, or click on the score to play from that point or stop.
- Change top instrument or key*
- Page Setup*
- Scorch information and updates
Page Up/Page Down and the up/down arrow keys to scroll up and down the score.
To play music in the background while you work, just set Scorch playing, then minimize the window!
How to Transpose Scorch Files Into a Different Key
You can transpose most but not all Scorch titles up or down into any key! There are 2 main advantages in being able to transpose. First, if you are singing along, you can move the music up or down to fit a range that is comfortable for your voice! Second, if a key signature is too difficult, you can transpose it to an easier key! In our example below, we are going to show you how to transpose a song that is in a difficult key signature, to a much easier key signature with the click of your mouse.
To transpose the sheet music click on the transpose button right above the music. When the transpose box opens up, select the `down`` option and choose `5 half steps down`. When you click on the OK - the score will immediately be rewritten into the key of C. (no sharps or flats). When you print the song again, it will print in the new key!
First, find the key you are in from The Circle of Fifths below, then find this key on the left column of the table below and then find the key you want on the top row of this table. The numbers in the intersecting box of this table tell you how many half-step to move up or down to change to the desired key.