10 Short Chorales by : Jim Mahaffey
1. FOURTHS: A medium-tempo swing with chord progression by fourths.
2. PITCH-MATCHING: Bright swing with cross-sectional pitch-matching in Concert Bb and F.
3. MODAL WALTZ: Moderate swing in 3/4 that employs the C and F dorian modes.
4. FULL CIRCLE WITH SAX UNISON: Chords in the circle of fourths (key: F Concert); with a unison sax line to aid tuning.
5. BONE-MODALE: In a groove a la Miles Davis and in the G minor mode; the 'bones are in unison.
6. COOL BOSSA: Concert F; laid back and lush. Great for sectional/tutti balance; and for phrasing the bossa.
7. LIP-SLUR CHROMATIC: A cut-time lip slur workout for the brass; with sax chords descending in half-steps.
8. IT'S THE Bb GOSPEL: A moderate gospel swing with a unison melody line passed around the sections; plus a big finish for practicing dynamics.
9. SAMBANICE: Concert Bb with an easy “two” feel. Unison lines and nice chord changes for sectional and ensemble listening.
10. TRUMPET-TUNE: This medium swing in Eb gives trumpets the lead over a sax/'bone rhythmic backup figure.
|Publisher||Southern Music Co.|
| Length x Width x Height||11 x 8.5 x 0.379 inches |
| Shipping Weight||0.74 pounds |
|East Coast Music Product Code ||ZHL3772080|
|Voicing Description||Score & Parts|
|Band Grade Description||3|
| 1st Publication Date||04/2000|
Below are Related Products that you may be interested in.