Berklee Jazz Piano by : Ray Santisi
Play jazz piano with new facility and expression as Ray Santisi; one of the most revered educators at the Berklee College of Music – and mentor to Keith Jarrett; Diana Krall; Joe Zawinul; and thousands of others – reveals the pedagogy at the core of Berklee's jazz piano curriculum. From beginning through advanced levels; Berklee Jazz Piano maps the school's curriculum: a unique blend of theory and application that gives you a deep; practical understanding of how to play jazz. Concepts are illustrated by the accompanying practice audio; accessed online for streaming or download; where you'll hear how one of the great jazz pianists and educators of our time applies these concepts to both jazz standards and original compositions; and how you can do the same.
You will learn:
• Jazz chords and their characteristic tension substitutions; in many voicings and configurations
• Modes and scales common in jazz
• Techniques for comping; developing bass lines; harmonizing melodies; melodizing harmonies; and improvisation
• Practice techniques for committing these concepts to your muscle memory
• Variations for solo and ensemble playing
• Advanced concepts; such as rhythmic displacement; approach-chord harmonization; and jazz counterpoint. The accompanying audio is accessed through Hal Leonard's popular MyLibrary system using the provided code. The audio can be streamed or downloaded and includes PLAYBACK+; a multi-functional audio player that allows you to slow down audio without changing pitch; set loop points; change keys; and pan left or right.
. . . . Sample Audio & etc. . . .
Back Cover Page 17 Page 08 Page 07 Page 01 Cover
| Media ||Softcover Audio Online|
| Format ||Book/Online Audio|
| Length x Width x Height||12 x 9 x 0.348 inches |
| Shipping Weight||0.91 pounds |
|East Coast Music Product Code ||ZHL50448047|
|UPC Code||8.84088E+11 |
| ISBN ||876390505|
| EAN ||9.78088E+12|
| 1st Publication Date||01/2009|
Below are Related Products that you may be interested in.