Beyond Singing by : Elizabeth Volk : Stan McGill
Excellence is not something stumbled upon by accident. You won't achieve great things while flailing about in paperwork nor partake of true musical artistry by folly. Success requires a concrete plan of action: a big-picture plan followed by all the little details that; together; create a complex mosaic that forms a beautiful and intricate picture of choral excellence. This practical text offers a wealth of information for running a choral program. The two successful veteran teachers offer advice for dozens of solutions to issues facing the choral director. Includes online bonus material; an introduction by Paul Salamunovich; and these chapters:
1. GET READY... The Calendar for the Year; The Choir Handbook.
2. GET SET... Preparing for Class; Rerhearsal Structure and Techniques; Selecting Literature; Blueprint for Teaching Choral Literature; Effective Classroom Management.
3. GO! Conducting Concert Dos and Don'ts; Memorization; Contests and Festivals; Programming Themes and Variations; Enrichment Opportunities for Students; The Blessing of Added Extras; Identifying Prospective Audiences.
4. AFTER ALL; THEY DO CALL YOU A TEACHER! Grading Policies; Paperwork; Teaching Sight-Reading and Music Literacy.
5. TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS Copyright Law for the Choral Director; The Art of the Interview; Teacher Observations and Evaluations; Professional Resources.
6. HOW TO GET ALONG AND PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS Building Your Support System; The Recruitment and Retention of Choir Students; Effective Publicity and Public Relations.
HOW TO DO STUFF Fund-Raising; Uniforms; Music Library Organization and Maintentance.
8. HOW TO KEEP THE TAIL FROM WAGGING THE DOG Show; Pop; Jazz; and Swing Choirs; Chamber Singers and Madrigal Groups.
9. WHO SAYS CHOIR IS BORING? Choir Traditions; Fun and Games; Trips; Tours; Parties; and Banquets.
10. ALL THE REST THAT'S FIT TO PRINT... Topics Overlooked in MusEd 101; The Great Miscellany of It All.
11. VAULTING INTO THE BIG LEAGUES VIPs of the Profession; “You Are Cordially Invited...”; International Travel
. . . . Sample Audio & etc. . . .
Back Cover Sample Page 7 Sample Page 6 Sample Page 5 Sample Page 4 Sample Page 3 Sample Page 2 Sample Page 1 Front Cover
| Media ||Softcover Media Online|
| Format ||Book/Online Audio|
| Length x Width x Height||9 x 5.75 x 0.637 inches |
| Shipping Weight||2.11 pounds |
|East Coast Music Product Code ||ZHL8745729|
| ISBN ||1423420438|
| EAN ||9781423420439|
| 1st Publication Date||07/2007|
Below are Related Products that you may be interested in.