The Art of Singing by : Jennifer Hamady
Jennifer Hamady's ground-breaking book on singing and the psychology of performance is a must-read for every artist working today. Using the medium of the voice; Jennifer shares her insights and experiences as a voice coach; therapist; and professional singer; which will open your eyes to how we all – musicians and others – allow fear; doubt; poor learning habits; preconceived notions; and overthinking to get in the way of clear and healthy singing; self-expression; and living. With practical advice for releasing physical and emotional tension; establishing confidence and vocal strength; and embracing personal and musical optimism and wonder; The Art of Singing explores:
• Misconceptions about the voice and singing
• Finding the voice that was never lost
• Language and its role in singing and learning to sing
• Learning how you learn best and applying that wisdom to vocal learning
• The brain: how it works – its impact on singing and learning to sing – and how to make it work for you
• Fear and performance anxiety: liberating yourself from the mental shackles
• Reclaiming joy and confidence in your singing and self-expression
• Putting theory into practice: vocal physiology; technique; and delivery
The accompanying audio tracks – in Jennifer's own voice – captures a conversation about her approach and ideas; as well as exercises that will help you discover and develop your true and best instrument. Singers of every age; level; and musical genre will benefit from this insightful first book in Jennifer's The Art of Singing series.
The price of this book includes a unique code that provides access to audio tracks online; for download or streaming. The tracks include PLAYBACK+; a multi-functional audio player that allows you to slow down audio without changing pitch; set loop points; change keys; and pan left or right – available exclusively from Hal Leonard.
. . . . Sample Audio & etc. . . .
Back Cover Pg 88 Pg 81 Pg 23 Table of Contents Front Cover
| Media ||Softcover Audio Online|
| Format ||Book/Online Audio|
| Length x Width x Height||12 x 9 x 0.306 inches |
| Shipping Weight||0.83 pounds |
|East Coast Music Product Code ||ZHL311476|
| ISBN ||1423454804|
| EAN ||9781423454809|
| 1st Publication Date||04/2009|
Below are Related Products that you may be interested in.