The New Weissenborn Method for Bassoon - Volume 2 by : Douglas Spaniol
Volume I of The New Weissenborn Method for Bassoon (“a must for all young bassoon students” - The Double Reed; “a landmark in pedagogy” - Double Reed News) presented an updated; user-friendly version of Julius Weissenborn's seminal work for beginning bassoon students.
Now; Volume II provides Weissenborn's advanced teaching material in a similar modern; easy-to-use edition. With well-organized lessons; supplemental materials; and advanced fingering charts; Volume II of The New Weissenborn Method for Bassoon is a must-have for advanced bassoon students.
• Spiral-bound book lays flat on the stand and will last for years
• At 190 pages; it weighs just 22 ounces and fits easily into most music pouches
• Material is presented in well-organized lessons with no bad page turns and minimal need to flip between sections of the book
• New expanded editions of Weissenborn's Advanced Studies; Op. 8; No. 2 and Milde's Scale and Chord Studies; Op. 25. Six of the Advanced Studies are provided in two keys - the key Weissenborn originally intended; plus the key in which it was first published - for a total of 56 Advanced Studies. The Milde Scale and Chord Studies contain nine bonus etudes to cover all 15 key signatures and to practice chromatic scales in a variety of keys.
• Table of Contents and Reference Charts make it easy to find specific etudes when needed
• Supplemental Materials include: Double-tonguing and triple-tonguing exercises by Arban; Sight-reading/rhythmic etudes by Bona; and select etudes from Weissenborn's Op. 8; No. 1
• Introduces all notes up to E5 with logical pacing and plenty of material to master each new note
• Covers all Major and Minor Keys through seven sharps and seven flats; with long tones; scales; and arpeggios for each key
. . . . Sample Audio & etc. . . .
Sample Page 7 Sample Page 6 Sample Page 5 Sample Page 4 Sample Page 3 Sample Page 2 Sample Page 1
| Media ||Softcover|
| Length x Width x Height||12 x 9 x 0.458 inches |
| Shipping Weight||1.54 pounds |
|East Coast Music Product Code ||ZHL283708|
| ISBN ||1540035921|
| EAN ||9781540035929|
| 1st Publication Date||07/2019|
Below are Related Products that you may be interested in.