Berklee Jazz Drums by : Casey Scheuerell
Play jazz with tremendous facility and authentic vocabulary. Learn to develop your own sound; perform a wide variety of essential jazz time feels; and improvise dynamic fills and solos; taught in the tradition of Alan Dawson and other Berklee luminaries of drum education. This approach to jazz drumming presents a unique blend of four way coordination; comping vocabulary; and soloing/improvisation concepts; infused with world rhythms. It will help you to develop a deep; practical understanding of how to play jazz drums; and to develop your own personal sound and style.
You will learn to:
• Deepen your sense of swing and overall timing
• Understand the ride cymbal's critical role in jazz time keeping
• Apply the rudimental language of jazz
• Develop your independence; via some of the great Alan Dawson's signature exercises and “The Rudimental Ritual”
• Play brushes and brush patterns
• Improvise captivating drum set solos
• Incorporate world rhythms into jazz
• Read and interpret drum charts
. . . . Sample Audio & etc. . . .
Track 30 Sample
Back Cover Pg 14 Table of Contents Table of Contents Table of Contents Front Cover
| Media ||Softcover Audio Online|
| Format ||Book/Online Audio|
| Length x Width x Height||12 x 9 x 0.429 inches |
| Shipping Weight||1.30 pounds |
|East Coast Music Product Code ||ZHL50449612|
| ISBN ||876391595|
| EAN ||9780876391594|
| 1st Publication Date||01/2018|
Below are Related Products that you may be interested in.